In order to apply, you must:
1) Choose your first choice program!
Click here to see a full list of our program offerings. You can also search our programs by location, language, and academic interest.
If you aren't sure which program to choose, come to our Open House event on Wednesday, September 4 (5-8pm | Bauccio Commons)! We will have information on every program plus tons of professors, advisors, and students who have been on our programs before to answer all of your questions.\
Or, come in for an advising appointment! We are always happy to discuss your options and help to find a program that fits best. Click here to make an appointment!
2) Prior to starting your application, please see your Study Abroad Liaison if you are in one of the following schools:
Pamplin School of Business:
- Dr. Lisa Reed : Make an appointment through the Dean's office at 503.943.7224
Shiley School of Engineering:
- Jamie Merritt : Email directly at email@example.com
School of Education:
- Dr. Sally Hood : Email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Nursing and CAS students, you are not required to see an advisor before starting an application, but we strongly recommend talking to them first to let them know you're planning to study abroad. They will often have advice or can help you create a course schedule that will work well with your goals to go abroad.3) Once you have chosen a program and have met with your school's liaison (see above), go to your program's info page and click the purple "Apply Now" button either on the bottom of the page or near the top on the right.
4) When prompted to login, select the option that says "I have a UP Username and Password" and use your standard UP login info.
Your username and password will be the same as what you use for Moodle and PilotsUP - you should not include "@up.edu" with your username.
EX: If your e-mail is email@example.com your username on this website is "student23" and you use the same password as everything else on campus.
5) You will then be taken to an application page where you can complete the "Study Abroad Application" questionnaire and request one recommendation from either your RA (if you live on campus), or an employer/coach (if you live off campus). No additional recommendations are necessary.
6) Once you have completed the application questionnaire and requested a recommendation, you must click the "submit application" button at the top of your application page before your application will be considered complete and ready for review.
We will not evaluate your application until you have hit the button to officially submit it.
7) After you submit your application, you should get a confirmation message that pops up at the top of your application page.
Once you see this confirmation message, all you need to do is relax until admission decisions are announced. We will send your admission decision to you directly via your UP e-mail address.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by coming in to see us at BC114