Programs : Brochure
- Locations: Granada, Spain
- Program Terms: Spring Semester
- Restrictions: UP applicants only
- Budget Sheets: Spring Semester
Spring (19 credits at the 400 level)· 3-week language and grammar intensive course in January (3 credits)
· Speaking and Writing Skills (3 credits)
· Spanish Culture and Civilization (4 credits) ** This course will fulfill a history core requirement.
· 4 additional courses of your choice (each worth 3 credits)
SPN 301-302 or the equivalent. Students in the spring 2016 program must take at least 3 credits of upper-division Spanish in fall. The standard for Spanish proficiency is higher for the spring program.
Both programs will allow students to have a first-hand look at Spanish culture. Programs include excursions to Madrid, Toledo, and Segovia to explore the rich, cultural, historic areas. Other excursions, such as those to Andalucía, the southernmost part of Spain, will be determined at the beginning of the semester. The fall program works well for students at the 300 or 400 level. The spring program works best for students who are ready to take all classes at the advanced (400) level. All students prepare for the DELE (Spanish government-sponsored proficiency exam). The spring program is longer than the fall program.
Students will live with Spanish families, allowing full immersion into the culture and language.