Welcome to the UP Studies Abroad application home page!
Applications for 2018-19 are now closed. The priority deadline was October 15.
If you had trouble completing your application or if you have any questions about potential openings remaining for next year, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The decision dates for 2018-19 programs are as follows:Summer 2018 decisions will be announced December 15, 2017.
Fall 2019 and Year 2018-19 decisions will be announced January 15, 2018.
Spring 2019 decisions will be announced February 5, 2018.
In order to apply, you must:
1) Click here to see a full list of our program offerings
2) Prior to submitting your application, please see your Study Abroad Liaison if you are in one of the following schools:
- Pamplin School of Business: Dr. Lisa Reed
- Make an appointment through the Dean's office at 503.943.7224
- Shiley School of Engineering: Dr. Mark Kennedy
- Email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Education: Dr. Sally Hood or Dr. Kim Ilosvay
- Email directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Select the login option "I have a UP Username and Password" and use your standard UP login info (the same username and password that you use for PilotsUP - you should not include "@up.edu" with your username.)
5) You will then be taken to an application page where you can complete the "Study Abroad Application" questionnaire and request one recommendation from either your RA (if you live on campus), or an employer (if you work), or a faculty member. No additional recommendations are necessary.
Please note - if you enter "@up.edu" as part of your login information, the system will not recognize you as a UP applicant and you will receive an error message.
Once you have completed the application questionnaire and requested a recommendation, you must click the "submit" button before your application will be considered complete and ready for review. Your application will not be considered until you have completed both the Study Abroad Application questionnaire and the recommendation request.
If you would like to participate in more than one program next year (ex: one summer and one semester program), please submit two separate applications - one to each program.
Before completing the application, please read the following:
Studying abroad on UP programs is a rewarding experience. Accordingly, the application process is competitive and students do not always get into their first choice program. Applications are evaluated on a holistic basis and the student's academic performance, disciplinary record, recommendations and essays are all considered.
Have more questions? Please e-mail questions to email@example.com. You can also call or stop by the Studies Abroad office (BC114, 503.943.7857).